Monday, August 8, 2011

A Comprehensive Look At Female Pop Singers IX

Alicia Keys


     Alicia has some songs I like. She's cool. I think she works really, really hard at being a good singer. She strains, though. She hasn't relaxed enough to allow her vocal cords to do what they can really do. She can sing. However, I put her up there with Beyonce in that the genuine artistic vision is like sorely lacking. I have seen her perform and is mediocre at best. Unfortunately, inconsisentcy follows this one around like a bad habit. She performed "Empire State" with Jay-Z at an award ceremony and could not even hit her own notes. It was bizarre. And that is what we call studio auto-tuning. Why would you allow something that is not even true to be released?  I mean practice until you get it. And if you can't sing it, adjust yourself to the song or vice-versa. Lame!  She's clearly contralto trying to be soprano? Sorry, I am not fooled.


Technicalities:


Vocal Range:


Contralto

Bb2-B5

Experts are saying 3 Octaves? I don't think so...maybe 2.3 at best with 1 semi-tone


Vocal Strength:

Average


Projection:

A couple blocks


"Like a voice student who skipped class...alot"



No comments:

Post a Comment