Monday, August 1, 2011

A Comprehensive Look At Female Pop Singers VI

Lady GaGa

     I have been blown away by a singer only a few times before. When I first heard this girl I thought...That's fun. But, when I discovered her acoustic piano versions of the radio hits I was blown like I had been swept up upon the gale of a hurricane. She totally deconstructed her own songs. Simply groundbreaking is an understatement. There is only one other singer on the planet who even attempted this style/technique/artistic expression.(Diamanda Galas...I'll get to her, later.) GaGa is like a cross between Madonna and Streisand. One can deliver the pop/dance and one can deliver the voice. Gaga does both. The first round of hits were like none other than sheer brilliance. They in fact catapulted her career into a realm few have visited. The pop music scene was in desperate need of a Lady GaGa. Seemingly barren of true talent these days and God was like, "Yo! I'm bored. So, here you go...GaGa." Since her arrival, pop has experienced a re-birth attracting those from all walks myself included.

Technicalities

Vocal Range:

Contralto
Approx. D3-B5
2.5 Octaves

Projection:

The Heavens

Style:

Supreme pop that can actually sing

"A chronic champion"

No comments:

Post a Comment