Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Comprehensive Look At Female Pop Singers IIIA

This is supposed to be in alphabetical order. Somehow, I managed to forget Beyonce. So, let's recap a moment. 1.Adele 2. Badu 3. Benatar 3A. Beyonce 4. Blige.


Beyonce


     Beyonce. However sweet and adorable, is not the best singer to ever grace the scene. She is, though, the second most winningest female pop singer ever behind Dolly Parton with 16 Grammy's. Even if she is cleaning up at most award ceremonies I believe that she lacks true artistic vision. The one that should steer these talents toward the light. The light that is placed inside one's heart at their very moment of conception. I say this because I do respect her. Her performance of Etta James' "I'd rather go blind," in the film "Cadillac Records," is unforgettable. It was in those few moments that I recognized that light, but haven't since.

Technicalities

Vocal Range:

Mezzo-soprano
B2-C6, and 1 note

Projection:

Pop Culture

Style:

A blend of glam-pop+hip-hop

"Fun at the club;-)"

   

No comments:

Post a Comment