Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Comprehensive Look At Female Pop Singers IV

Mary J. Blige

     O.k., Mary. She has been at the top of the game for awhile now. Bizarrely, I did not fall in love with her music until just recently when a co-worker gave me a copy of,"What's The 411." From then I've been hooked.She could sing about blowing her nose and I think I'd like it. It's Mary. However, with all due respect, her songs are a bit...well...cheesy. What gets me is the voice. It's always the voice. When Mary was nominated for a Grammy for her version of U2's "One," I actually cried.

Technicalities:

A2-C6, 3 Octaves

Projection: Forward

Style: R-n-B most of the time with a twist of Hip-Hop. Alot of people regard her as "The Queen of Hip-Hop?" Guys, she's not rapping...she's singing!

"To awaken the Gospels"

No comments:

Post a Comment