Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Comprehensive Look At Female Pop Singers

     First, let us begin with a brief overview of this list. The following will be an outline of the vocal abilities of the modern era's female singers. I have been thinking of this project for some time, but did not pinpoint the real goal of it until I found myself reading about Mariah Carey and her deafening vocal talent. There was a wee fact located there in the text about how there did not exist an official account or study of the vocal abilities of today's pop singers. That kind of thing was only taken seriously in the Classical music/Opera department. So, the goal is that these singers are serious singers, too! I may not exactly be a fan of any of them(some), but I understand the importance behind the talent and the importance of these females that made themselves heard. We will go in alphabetical order.

Adele:


     Thank you, God. I will listen to her until the day I die. First of all, her style is that of grace and composure. Even though she keeps singing about her breakups. Most people cannot even listen to songs that remind them of their exes. Is she marketing self-anguish? Perhaps. Leave it to the Brits. All that is woeful is me, now can we make a bit of cash off it? Probably. I'm teasing, but so bloody English, isn'tit?(Emphasis on a British accent there-not a typo) Adele rules. Her voice comes from waaaaaaaay down deep like a coalminer who crawls out of a dark pit covered in black dust and clenching a raw diamond. "Reflecting the light of the sun. I praise the day, he turned my way."-Badu. I want to nickname Adele, "Mama London." She's barely 22 years old, and has already quit drinking. Nice. Cheers to a long and prosperous career, my dear.
         



Technicalities:

Contralto

Ranging from 3 Octaves+1 Note--C3-D6

Projection: The Moon

Style: Rolls words...one at a time...very soulful

Vocal Strength: DEEP

"This one was born with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment